Typography experimentation

Below are images taken from my research sketchbook.




After my research, I came up with a concept to solve the sound bite brief. When listening to the accents and dialects in their recordings, what I found out was that the older generation of speakers (above 50years old) were saying how their jobs and accents were different compared to our younger generation of people (students in their 18 - 20's). The young speakers were talking about how the generation nowadays create new languages (slang/shortened words) that the older people might not understand.




Solution: My typographical solution is to create 3 posters that show how the generation of accents and dialects are changing , just like how the printing methods have. The first type of printing method I will use for my first poster to signify the older generation is letterpress. This process is (man-made) hand done. I will then use digital printing for my second poster which is done with a machine. Finally my third poster will use a combination of hand and digital techniques.




No comments:

Post a Comment