Printing

For my competition brief I have to create a typographical final piece and I have created some prints using woodblocks .
The quotes are from the British Library - Accents & Dialects .
They are mostly males from the early 1900's talking about their lives and working as a primary industrial job such as farming and mining.








I will further develop these prints by using different materials that could change the texture and feel, rather than just keep using the crisp white A3 paper. I found this technique quite time consuming and difficult to get the perfect print . I really like how on some of the prints, the ink has not transferred fully, I feel it gives are really old vintage look, which really exaggerates who/when and what time era the quotes were said.

No comments:

Post a Comment